Ohio Child Custody to third party

This is a discussion on Ohio Child Custody to third party within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; So, if there is a kid i know who is being mentally abused---locked in the house, cant do sports, hang ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 30th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Unregistered

Confused Ohio Child Custody to third party

So, if there is a kid i know who is being mentally abused---locked in the house, cant do sports, hang out with friends, left alone for long periods of time unsupervised, etc, and shes 16, and im just the mom of her best friends, but i want to get custody of her, is that possible, and how? Shes no beaten, and she gets enough to eat, but other than that she is just in a horrible position right now. I want to get her out.
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Dec 1st, 2009, 10:20 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Ohio Child Custody to third party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So, if there is a kid i know who is being mentally abused---locked in the house, cant do sports, hang out with friends, left alone for long periods of time unsupervised, etc, and shes 16, and im just the mom of her best friends, but i want to get custody of her, is that possible, and how? Shes no beaten, and she gets enough to eat, but other than that she is just in a horrible position right now. I want to get her out.
you have no legal rights to this girl at all, and no standing to get custody. and none of this is enough to remove her from her mothers house anyway. id leave it alone if i were you, you are not getting her. period.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 1st, 2009, 11:28 AM   #3
Unregistered

Sorry to say but a lot of kids have it a LOT worse than what this kid has. You cannot get custody of this child. You are not related to her.

You have no legal recourse.

Old Aug 31st, 2010, 01:06 PM   #4
Unregistered

you do not have to be related to file for custody of any child. you just have to have a significant relationship with the chiild to file for custody, that being said it is hard to prove a parent unfit. you have to have proof of children services being involved, of abuse/ neglect and traumas of those natures . i went thru the same thing with my daughters cousin who was 17 and emotional/ mental abuse, she was physically abused alos but everytime child services came her mom refused to let them speak alone with them and she was too afraid of her mom to tell them the truth in front of her. even to save her sons life from her mom. so the only requirments to file for custody, is to have a relationship w/ the child, that came from miami county children services in ohio.

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 09:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member
messyjessi's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you do not have to be related to file for custody of any child. you just have to have a significant relationship with the chiild to file for custody, that being said it is hard to prove a parent unfit. you have to have proof of children services being involved, of abuse/ neglect and traumas of those natures . i went thru the same thing with my daughters cousin who was 17 and emotional/ mental abuse, she was physically abused alos but everytime child services came her mom refused to let them speak alone with them and she was too afraid of her mom to tell them the truth in front of her. even to save her sons life from her mom. so the only requirments to file for custody, is to have a relationship w/ the child, that came from miami county children services in ohio.
she has no legal standing to get custody of someone else's child. period. just because she has a relationship with the child doesnt mean she is better suited to raise the child. she is not mom or any relation.
messyjessi is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 1230 times