If DCF doesn't help what should I do?

This is a discussion on If DCF doesn't help what should I do? within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Im in a stressful situation &need great advice!Please help!Huge verbal &shoving occured outside my house a few nights ago w/my ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 12:46 AM   #1

Default If DCF doesn't help what should I do?

Im in a stressful situation &need great advice!Please help!Huge verbal &shoving occured outside my house a few nights ago w/my kids mother(we're separated)She arrived 2hrs late to pick them up.she came after I left her a heated voicemail,she arrived w/2cars full of guys &girls to fight me.They had weapons but nothing really happend but a her mother pushing &trying to punch me.The kids were yelling &watching the whole thing.she was interested in getting payback then the kids.When the group knew the police were coming, they got in their cars, my kids were not in car seats or buckled up,they drove off recklessly.They police said since no one was hurt nothing could be done.They keyed my car but wouldnt write it in the report because "no one saw it being done".I went to court next day,restraining order &temp custody denied because they felt they werent in immidiate danger.Was told to call DCF instead,i did but waiting on results. Called them last night they went over there and investigated. Today the kids were extremly late to the DCF doctor appointment because she claimed she didnt have the transportation for them to see the doctor. But as soon as they called her back and told her I would be picking the kids up from the DCF office to take them to the DCF doctor, they all the sudden had transportation. When they arrived at the DCF office with the kidsm DCF called me and advised me they were about to call the police on them because they were trying to fight with DCF personnel and being loud and arguing in the building. DCF advised me they will be documenting that along with their investigation. However, if DCF doesnt fall through, I still have a court date for mid August to appeal the restraining order and temparary custody. What do I do in court?Kids always come to me on weekend w/scars. Got past pictures also to prove it. She had history of mental illness and was on medication a few years ago for it. I would like her to prove/be reevaluated and present documentation stating she no longer needed medication because I believe she should still be on medication. Also I have a list of other things I will mention. Also, she refuses to get a job on the books so she can continue to receive government help(food stamps, cash assist, etc.)I can provide 100% for my kids, with out using tax payers money! Also I have transportation to take kids anywhere including important appointments like today with the DCF doctor. Unlike her with no form of reliable transportation. We are also legaly married but separated. Will this affect anything? I would just like to concentrate on getting the kids and filing a restraing orfer first. Please help me. What should I do to get my kids into a healthy living enviornment??? Please provide me with all the advice I can use! Thank you.
Johnnie3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 07:18 AM   #2
Top Level Member
Gbyte's Flag is: United States

Default Re: If DCF doesn't help what should I do?

I do hope you have a lawyer. If not - you need to find a way to spring for one. Payment plan .... something.

Good luck on getting your kids out of that. Sounds like you're on the road to success.

I would find a way to press charges. Go back to the police station. Talk to supervisors.
Gbyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
court, custody, dcf, fight, children

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1285 times