Child Support in Alabama

This is a discussion on Child Support in Alabama within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I'm trying to get my child support lowered currently. The original agreement with her mom (which was agreed to outside ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 07:10 PM   #1

Default Child Support in Alabama

I'm trying to get my child support lowered currently. The original agreement with her mom (which was agreed to outside of court) was that I pay daycare directly, her health insurance and $450 a month. At the time the agreement was drawn up, I was bringing in $5400 a month gross and she was supposedly bringing in $2900 gross. Well since then my gross has dropped to $4583 and she doesn't even work at all. She has a college degree and came across some inheritence money and just doesn't want to work. I'm tired of paying for daycare when my daughter doesn't go half the time and tired of over paying for her lazy butt. Can someone give me an idea of how much the courts might assign her income as? I would think its way more than minimum wage since she has a 4 year degree. I have a lawyer but I'm not very knowledgable and want to have an idea of what questions to ask when I speak to my lawyer and have an idea to make sure she is looking out for my best interests. Currently I'm barely making it when the amount of money I'm paying each month. Twice I haven't made the full payment to my daughter's mother. We verbally agreed to lower the amount I pay each month but apparently that doesn't stand up in court.
mr_ford_302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 07:21 PM   #2
Top Level Member
Gbyte's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Child Support in Alabama

If the child isn't going to daycare...why are you paying?

They'd likely go on her last reported full time income...but I don't know for sure.
Gbyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 07:55 PM   #3

Default Re: Child Support in Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbyte View Post
If the child isn't going to daycare...why are you paying?

They'd likely go on her last reported full time income...but I don't know for sure.
Because my papers say that I have to pay. She sends her to daycare 3-4 times a week, but she'll go in at 10am or so and leave around 3am. She's not going so that her mother can actually work, she goes so that she can go do whatever. Personally I want my daughter in daycare so she can get the social interaction she needs but I'm more angry at the fact she doesn't work and lives off inheritence to live. I really don't think she's had a fulltime income. I know for a fact she's never held a job for a year. She's held a job at most maybe 4-5 months, then she'll quit and live off her dad's money or someone else's.
mr_ford_302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 994 times