How do you fight a corrupt system with no money?

This is a discussion on How do you fight a corrupt system with no money? within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I moved my family to my hometown of Gary,In so that we could be closer to everyone. (HUGE MISTAKE!) My ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:10 PM   #1

Default How do you fight a corrupt system with no money?

I moved my family to my hometown of Gary,In so that we could be closer to everyone. (HUGE MISTAKE!)
My wife and I took custody of 2 of my step sisters children who are wards of Oklahoma. My sister who lives in Gary took custody of the other 2 siblings. Our goal was to adopt the kids and raise them in hopes that one day our step sister would get her act together and find that her 4 children were being raised and cared for by family. After having the kids for over a year and being licensed by the state of IL as kinship foster parents on the road to adoption, we decided to move to Gary so that the family would be closer. Indiana DCS was conducting our home study and on Dec 4th the case worker called. After a 20 minute conversation with my wife she asked to speak to me. She informed me that there was a substantiated sexual abuse allegation file against me in March of 2000. Also that she had contacted the state of Oklahoma to instruct them that the children had to be removed that day! I asked for information about the report and she stated only that the report was filed in 2000 stemming from an incident in 1997. (I was dumbfounded to say the least) But I immediatly contacted Oklahoma DCS and was told that I could take the kids to my sisters home and that I could have no contact with them until this was resolved. I contacted IN DCS and requested copies of the allegation and report which they stated would take 10 days. On day 10 I was informed that the situation would be resolved and corrected AFTER the holidays. Well on Jan 6 of 2009 I recieved the report and a letter stating that they had to make sure that I was the person in the report and I should request an Admin Review. I attached documentaton to prove that item by item the report was a lie. The statement that I was put out of the house was backed up by written proof that I never lived in the house and that the house was owned by the woman husband also my lease showing where I lived at the time. Things like that which proved that the information in the report was false. I was informed by DCS that Proving everything in the report ws false did not mean that the abuse did not occur. The letter that they sent me stated that I could request a Judicial Review so off I went to Lake County to file the request and was told that I couldn't file a request because no case was ever opened or filed under my name or the childs name.
Can anyone tell me if I can have the records that DCS has expunged? And can I sue?
abused by DCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 07:47 AM   #2
Top Level Member
Gbyte's Flag is: United States

Default Re: How do you fight a corrupt system with no money?

Wow...it sounds like your on the right track. Go back to the dcs that demanded the removal of the children. Speak to the case managers manager if possible. Keep them on the phone - don't hang up - until you have a FIRM plan to finish getting this off your record and getting the children back.
Gbyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #3

Wow...it sounds like your on the right track. Go back to the dcs that demanded the removal of the children. Speak to the case managers manager if possible. Keep them on the phone - don't hang up - until you have a FIRM plan to finish getting this off your record and getting the children back.

Thanks for the reply BUT that avenue is not viable under these circumstances because I have sent certified letters to the case managers,supervisors,deputy director and director. The response that was given to me in writing is that I can request a judicial review which can't be done because the Juvenile court has no record of the case being filed. The problem is that they don't want to admit the mistake. If they rectify the error on thier own then they will have admitted that they did not follow IN procedures. I have given them almost all of the facts contradicting the report that they had. They even stated in the investigation that they interviewed me on 5/31/00 and I sent them proof that my wife and I were in the Bahamas from 5/28/00 thru 6/02/00. (I was mad so I included pictures)

Old Feb 24th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #4
Top Level Member

Have you told them the juvinile court doesn't have it on record? Have you asked your next step since what they told you to do isn't possible??

Old Feb 24th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #5

Yes I have. The LCJC judge is the one who urged me to get an atty because she stated that what they were saying (I need to open up a new case) did not make any sense. I called the caseworker in IL who originally did our licensing investigation (who noted that this never came up in the state or fed background checks that were done) and she stated that it is NEVER a good idea to file a sexual abuse case against YOURSELF in any court let alone a juvenile court. Her concern was that if the state of IN felt that I was a danger to my niece and nephew (so they took them) then why haven't they tried to take my other 4 children who still reside with us?

Old Feb 25th, 2009, 07:33 AM   #6
Top Level Member

I've never fought dcs. I'd ask for a wrap up letter explaining exactly why the children were removed with ALL facts relevant to the case attached (court filings etc). See if they can do that...

Now that you know some of their facts aren't facts, this should make them scratch their heads.

Tell them you need to pass these docs on to an attorney in the event you may need to file a lawsuit against them. Be nice...non-threatening - but let them know your done putting up with thier BS as well. Even tell the person you are speaking to that you know it's not thier fault (as it's likely not), but you really do hope to get this cleared up without legal intervention.

Old Feb 25th, 2009, 09:49 AM   #7

Can you be more specific in defining what a wrap up letter is? I am aware that it sounds pretty self explanitory but my reason for asking this question is that I have requested information from them and everytime I do the response I get is to refer to the letter that they have already sent stating that the deputy director has no intent of redetermining or removing this from the records and that the next step that I should persue is a judicial review.( Is that considered a wrap up letter?) When I tell them that it can't be reviewed and why then they (the atty for DCS) states that I need to go to LCJC and open up a new case. I have been warned by others in this field that as soon as I open a new case DCS is going to rain hell down upon my family and I. In Lake County it appears that the actions of DCS,Jane Bisbee,Cynthia Cliney and such are omnipitent and the courts do whatever they say. Basically if I follow what they suggest they are going to remove my kids and charge me with whatever they feel they need to in an effort to cover thier mistake. For some reason it seems that they can only do this if I initiate a new case.

Old Feb 25th, 2009, 11:11 AM   #8
Top Level Member

Tell them that you need everything in writting that you just said - with attached docs of all court records that are referenced.

Ask to include any updated information - ie there is/was no case against you in justifying their decision. Just have it put all together. You may be able to get them to do it, you may not. They need to state their case - WITH FACTS and proof for you to give a copy to your attorney. Maybe...just maybe...they'll realize they f'd up and fess up. Likely not - likely you WILL have to give it to an attorney - and then you'll sue their butt to cover your costs.

I'm not an attorney - and have never fought dcs - it's just my opinion.

Old Oct 8th, 2009, 04:23 AM   #9
TLBBS

Confused HELP PLEASE....

Already Tried:
EVERY THING..... COOKEVILLE TENN..BASED THERE FALSE ACCUTATIONS ON DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.THAT WAS NO ARREST OR EVEN PAPER WORK CONCERNING ME & EX BOYFRIEND.BECAUSE I HAVE NO MONEY.OR KNOWLEGE OF COURT PROCEEDINGS OR LAW...I HAVE COMPLETED ALL CLASSES AND EVERYTHING THEY HAVE ASKED ME TO DO.THEN THEY CHANGED THIER STORY SAYING THAT I ABANDONDED MY CHILDREN..KNOWING FULL AND WELL THAT I WAS JUST VISITING...THINKING OF MOVING FROM FLORIDA TO TENNESSEE.I WAS CURRENTLY VISITING MY BOYFRIENDS SISTER.THAY KNEW THAT WHEN I WENT TO THE DHS OFFICE I TOLD THEM THAT I WAS CONSIDERING MOVING TO TENN AND I MADE THE MISTAKE OF MENTIONING THAT HER HOUSE HAD FLEAS THAY CAME OUT AND LOOKED AROUND WHEN THEY LEFT HIS SISTER LITERLY ATTACKED ME THE POLICE CAME AND ASKED ME AND MY EX BOYFRIEND AND CHILDREN IF WE COULD LEAVE OR GO GET A HOTEL ROOM FOR TONIGHT.MY EX BOYFRIEND WAS CHANGING HIS BRAKES ON THE CAR WHEN HE FINESHED WE LEFT AND MY EX WAS STEPPING ON THE BRAKE PEDAL TO ADJUST THEM...I YELLED AT HIM TO PULL OVER AND LET ME AND MY BABIES...OUT.AND TO GO ALL THE WAY DOWN THE HILL TO THE GAS STATION ON 111 AND COME BACK AND PICK US UP WHEN HE ADJUST THE BRAKES..COINCIDENCE HAVE IT A OFFICER PULLED UP TO OFFER HELP HE SAW THAT I WAS UPSET STILL FROM HOURS OF ARGUING WITH HIS SISTER.I ASK TO USE HIS PHONE TO CALL MY EX.LATER THAT NIGHT WE WENT BACK AND HIS SISTER CALLED THE SAME COP FROM A BUISNESS CARD. HE GAVE ME AND TOLD HIM THAT ME AND MY EX WAS ARGUING NOT ME AND HER..DHS CAME OUT THE NEXT DAY AND REMOVE MY KIDS.WHICHED SUPRISED ME BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAY WOULD BE THEIR FOR HER NOT ME.BECAUSE SHE HAS LOST HER KIDS IN THE PAST.AND BEING THAT I MENTIONED AT THE DHS OFFICE THAT THAT SHE HAD FLEAS AND WAS ARGUING WITH THE COPS THE NIGHT BEFORE WHEN THAY CAME OUT ABOUT ME AND HER. SO I ASSUMED THAT IT WAS A MISTAKE ON DHS PART.WHEN THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE TAKING THEM BECAUSE OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE BETWEEN ME AND MY EX.CONTACT ME AT ewo143@yahoo.com THANK YOU CAN SOME PLEASE HELP ME ....PLEASE.PLEASE...

Old Oct 8th, 2009, 07:16 AM   #10
Top Level Member

Wow...that was really hard to read. PARTLY DUE TO CAPS. Find an attorney.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 15 replies and has been viewed 4266 times