Non Custodial Parent Refuses to Follow Court Order

This is a discussion on Non Custodial Parent Refuses to Follow Court Order within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; The non custodial parent took me to court last year for visitation and legitimization. Visitation is one day a week ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #1
Unregistered

Angry Non Custodial Parent Refuses to Follow Court Order

The non custodial parent took me to court last year for visitation and legitimization. Visitation is one day a week and every other weekend. He is angry at me for whatever reason now so he refuses to follow visitation! Its a huge bummer to me because the weekends he has her I have to work. Now I am forced to get a nanny on the weekends which is costing me an extra $200 a month. I have a feeling that the reason he is doing all this is to screw up my job(Deputy Sheriff) I have had to leave work on numerous occasions because he has not picked up our daughter or not followed his visitation schedule. I just dont know what to do.
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 10:51 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Non Custodial Parent Refuses to Follow Court Order

You could ask the court (or threaten to do so) to order that either he takes the child regularly and on schedule or he loses the right to visit--or he must pay the costs of care.

It is not fair for you to have the unpredictable costs and burdens based solely on his behavior.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 01:58 PM   #3
Top Level Member
Gbyte's Flag is: United States

You need to let him know it is HIS responsibility to pick up the child or arrange for child care. If he does NOT want to excercise his parental rights, he should be paying for the full amount of care on his weekends.

I don't know what the courts can help you with. But an attorney consult would likely be your best bet.
Gbyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Feb 10th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The non custodial parent took me to court last year for visitation and legitimization.
The nerve of that man to want to see his child without asking your permission first!
Quote:
Visitation is one day a week and every other weekend.
My God. That's like, nearly 29% of the time!
Quote:
He is angry at me for whatever reason...
I could suggest a few possibilities.
Quote:
...now so he refuses to follow visitation! Its a huge bummer to me because the weekends he has her I have to work.
Now I'm confused. I thought you were whining about him getting visitation in the first place.
Quote:
I have had to leave work on numerous occasions because he has not picked up our daughter or not followed his visitation schedule. I just dont know what to do.
You both got the default visitation schedule because you refused to come to an agreement on a schedule that worked for each of you. If you don't like the schedule, try cooperating with him to work out a new one instead of fighting him and making him go to court in order to see his child.
There's not a divorced man in America who can't read between the lines on this thread...
tbyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jun 29th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #5
Unregistered

The non-custodial parent has son on vacation for 3 weeks and made these plans herself grooming son for this trip, Son has been there only a week now and the mother is refusing to return the son to custodial parent. The non-custodial parent lives in Texas the police wont ge involved. Now she is stating she is filing for custody. How can we get the son back to the state of Washington? She is trying to claim abuse as she did in the divorce degree which was unfounded and dismissed.

Old Jun 29th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #6
Unregistered

Visitation, although ordered, does not have to be taken. It is the father's choice to exercise his visitation, but he doesnt have to legally. Legally all he has to do is pay child support. You can't be thrown in jail for not visiting with your child. SO, being a deputy sherriff, you should already know the answer to your question.
Seems fishy to me that someone of your "high ranking" would be asking this.

Old Jun 30th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #7

I suggest that you modify the order to require that visitation can only be exercised upon seventy-two hour notice or such other time frame that works for the two of you. If you receive adequate notice or lack of it you can prepare ahead of time. I also suggest that the order can be modified to have your ex-husband pay half of the baby sitting fees. Paying money helps make people more responsible. I suggest that the notice to exercise the visitation be in writing and not just a phone call. Hope this helps.
Grhowe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jun 30th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #8
Unregistered

If the last two posters would take note of the date stamp on this thread's last poster prior to their (unregistered and grhowe's) postings, they'd see that this thread is old and the person who posted the question is no longer here seeking further advice.

There's no point giving advice to the OP now, as it is long since past the point of relevant.

Old Oct 24th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #9
upsetgrandma

There is a chance that the father is just being childish to make it harder on the mother and not taking into consideration that HIS child needs his attention! No, there is no law that orders you to pick your child up,but, if you are not then it should be changed to state that you won't visit! It shows you are not responsible and informed in your childs daily life. Also, take into consideration that maybe some have set dates, times, place, and the non-custodial parent never shows and no there cannot be any calls or contact due to violence and police reports. Try to understand the situation and give you're advice because I can use some right now...... Thank You..

Old Oct 28th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #10
Unregistered

Default Non Custodial Parent Refuses to Follow Court Order

I have a case where mother refuses to return child after her visitation and has taken the child to another state, there have been orders demanding the return of the child but mother still refuses, she has made up lies and continues to make false reports and no Amber alert will be issued, because she has talked to the police dept. saying she refuses to return child and she has a grand theft auto charge, yet no one will pick her up? This mother has not parental or custodial rights looking for advice on what to do? I know if
I were to just go and try to get the child then I would be in the wrong when I am the one with the custody?!

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 7529 times