CONTEMPT OF CHILD SUPPORT ORDER: WILL SHE GO TO JAIL?

This is a discussion on CONTEMPT OF CHILD SUPPORT ORDER: WILL SHE GO TO JAIL? within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; MY HUSBAND IS THE CUSTODIAL PARENT OF TWO CHILDREN. THE NON CUSTODIAL PARENT HAS BEEN ORDERED TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #1

Confused CONTEMPT OF CHILD SUPPORT ORDER: WILL SHE GO TO JAIL?

MY HUSBAND IS THE CUSTODIAL PARENT OF TWO CHILDREN. THE NON CUSTODIAL PARENT HAS BEEN ORDERED TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT IN THE AMOUNT OF 400.00 PER MONTH. SHE WAS ORDERED TO PAY THIS IN OCTOBER 2007. SINCE THEN SHE HAS FAILED TO MAKE PAYMENTS REGULARLY AND HAS LANDED HERSELF OVER 4,000 DOLLARS BEHIND IN CHILD SUPPORT. SHE MADE ONE PAYMENT IN 2008. NOTHING IN 2009 SO FAR AND SHE IS WORKING !!! SHE ONLY MAKES LIKE 8.00 AN HOUR BUT SHE HAS NOT EVEN ATTEMPTED TO PAY ANYTHING. NOT EVEN 20.00 HERE OR THERE. WE HAD TO CALL AND REPORT HER JOB TO CHILD SUPPORT AND THEY ARE WORKING TO GET A WAGE ASSIGNMENT DONE ON HER. WHEN THEY WENT TO COURT IN OCTOBER OF 2008 THE COURT FOUND HER TO BE IN CONTEMPT AND TOLD HER TO GO FILE FOR A COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY. COURT IS THIS WEDNESDAY. SHE HAS NOT EVEN GONE DOWN TO COURT TO FILL OUT THE PAPER WORK FOR AN ATTORNEY. CHILD SUPPORT TOLD US TODAY SHE WILL HAVE TO REPRESENT HERESELF THEY WILL NOT POSTPONE THE HEARING. DO YOU THINK SHE WILL GO TO JAIL? OR WILL THEY FEEL SORRY FOR HER BECAUSE SHE HAS A FIVE MONTH OLD BABY. WHICH MAKES THE 10TH CHILD FOR HER AND SHE HAS CUSTODY OF NONE OF THEM EXCEPT THE 5 MONTH OLD. IT JUST ANGERS ME SHE ISN'T EVEN MAKING EFFORT AND I WANT JUSTICE SERVED. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? WILL IT BE JAIL FOR HER WEDNESDAY OR A SLAP ON THE HAND ?
CAYDENSMOMMY01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #2
Top Level Member
Gbyte's Flag is: United States

Default re: CONTEMPT OF CHILD SUPPORT ORDER: WILL SHE GO TO JAIL?

My guess...they'll do a wage assignment and it will be taken out of her paycheck. Jail would do nothing for you but almost guarantee she looses her job therefore making it even MORE difficult to collect.
Gbyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #3
Unregistered

well i do understand you and let me tell you that i am in your same shoes, my man's ex girlfriend owes a ton of back due child support and the court has done nothing, now she is pregnant all over again. this is number 4. women get away with murder in the united states and as a woman it disguist me.

why do men get locked up for everything and women have no consequence to what they do.

you can turn her in to child support enforcement though, and good luck with the wage enforcement, she will just quit that job and you will start the process all over again

the only good thing is that it will mess her credit up, but by the way she sounds that is the last thing on her mind

Old Jan 12th, 2009, 10:34 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
well i do understand you and let me tell you that i am in your same shoes, my man's ex girlfriend owes a ton of back due child support and the court has done nothing, now she is pregnant all over again. this is number 4. women get away with murder in the united states and as a woman it disguist me.

why do men get locked up for everything and women have no consequence to what they do.

you can turn her in to child support enforcement though, and good luck with the wage enforcement, she will just quit that job and you will start the process all over again

the only good thing is that it will mess her credit up, but by the way she sounds that is the last thing on her mind
So the process will afect her credit and you get her put in jail.If that is all that you get out of it. That is better than nothing.If you quit she wins the game.Game over.

Old Jan 12th, 2009, 11:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So the process will afect her credit and you get her put in jail.If that is all that you get out of it. That is better than nothing.If you quit she wins the game.Game over.
Everybody wins!
....right???
tbyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jan 12th, 2009, 11:47 PM   #6
Unregistered

Smile re: CONTEMPT OF CHILD SUPPORT ORDER: WILL SHE GO TO JAIL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbyte View Post
Everybody wins!
....right???
only 1 WINS!

Old Jan 13th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #7
Top Level Member

Men AND women get around paying child support all the time without going to jail. There was a man on this board complaining he was still paying arrears for his now 32 year old child.

Old Jan 13th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #8

Thumbs Up re: CONTEMPT OF CHILD SUPPORT ORDER: WILL SHE GO TO JAIL?

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT. I JUST THINK IT IS A DISGRACE FOR THIS WOMAN TO BE HAVING BABY AFTER BABY AND NOT SUPPORTING ANY OF THEM. IT JUST ANGERS ME SO MUCH. MAYBE IF SOMEONE WOULD PUT HER IN JAIL A TIME OR TWO SHE WOULD RETHINK HAVING SO MANY KIDS AND GET ON SOME DANM BIRTH CONTROL.

Old Jan 13th, 2009, 03:51 PM   #9
Top Level Member

Sounds like she should be nuetered...or is it spayed

Typing in caps is considered yelling...for future reference.

Old Jan 13th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #10

Smile re: CONTEMPT OF CHILD SUPPORT ORDER: WILL SHE GO TO JAIL?

oh, oka well thanks for the info. i am new to blogs and with this page.

Last edited by CAYDENSMOMMY01; Jan 13th, 2009 at 04:05 PM.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
non custodial parent

This thread has 14 replies and has been viewed 5342 times