Rights for a 12 year old in Texas

This is a discussion on Rights for a 12 year old in Texas within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; My nephew is 12 yrs old and live with his mother, we have seen evidence and he has told us ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 12:42 AM   #1
Unregistered

Unhappy Rights for a 12 year old in Texas

My nephew is 12 yrs old and live with his mother, we have seen evidence and he has told us she is abusive. The only problem is she doesnt leave brusies so we have no proof. He wants to come live with me and my husband. At 12 can he choose where he wants to live as long as it it with a relitive or do we have to go to court to get guardianship. Asking my sister is not an option we have tried that and she won't allow it. We want to know what we can do before we call CPS. His dad is no good either my sister left him when my nephew was 6 and he hasnt seen him since nor paid child support, he is abusive as well. Please help me help my nephew.
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 08:19 AM   #2
Top Level Member
Gbyte's Flag is: United States

Default re: Rights for a 12 year old in Texas

A 12 yr old cannot chose where he wants to live. I'm not saying what your asking for is impossible, but you'll need a lawyer for this.
Gbyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1483 times