WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody & Support > If parental rights are taken away can she be sued for the back child support?

If parental rights are taken away can she be sued for the back child support?

This is a discussion on If parental rights are taken away can she be sued for the back child support? within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I was curious. My ex wife left my child and myself 9 years ago. Once we divorced she was to ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 07:10 PM   #1

Default If parental rights are taken away can she be sued for the back child support?

I was curious. My ex wife left my child and myself 9 years ago. Once we divorced she was to pay child support every month. She has failed to do this. In the meantime I remarried. I want my wife to adopt my daughter but I am curious as to what ramifications could happen over custody. My ex lives in another state and like I said has had no contact at all with my daughter. Also if parental rights are taken away can she be sued for the back child support?
Grey Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 09:29 PM   #2
tbyte

Default Re: Parental Rights

Yes, but it is doubtful you can have her parental rights terminated without her consent.
What sometimes happens is that the obligee parent agrees to forgive past due child support in return for the other parent giving up their rights.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1703 times