Accident on icy road (city responsibility?)

This is a discussion on Accident on icy road (city responsibility?) within the Car Accident Claims forum, part of the Injury & Worker's Compensation category; Wilmette, IL (Cook County) The entrance ramp to the highway was shut off due to dangerous icy condition so I ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Accident on icy road (city responsibility?)

Wilmette, IL (Cook County)

The entrance ramp to the highway was shut off due to dangerous icy condition so I followed the detour which led to another road with extremely icy condition. My car spun which ended up on the opposite lane and was struck by an oncoming vehicle. Fortunately, no one was hurt but I am clearly at fault with both cars severely damaged. Is the city or county in any way responsible since I followed the detour signs and ended up being on dangerous road?
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Accident on icy road (city responsibility?)

I wish to inform you that you can make city liable for the loss which you have suffered because of incorrect detour. In this regard you may argue that as the sign board showed incorrect information therefore you were mislead by incorrect detour and hence you must be compensated for your loss. Generally there is immunity to municipal body under Illinois Tort Immunity Act but in this regard when there are certain exceptions in which public body can be held liable. In this regard you can held liable municipal under exception under Article III dealing with Immunity From Liability For Injury Occurring In The Use Of Public Property.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #3
Unregistered

Not sure if this info helps but soon after the accident, they closed off the road for traffic because they realized it was too dangerous. FYI, this accident happened on a bridge over a highway.

Old Mar 25th, 2011, 02:53 AM   #4
Banned User
Miley Tipton's Flag is: United States

Hi,
Well driving on icy road is always dangerous as friction between tires and wheels reduced to great extent. Which leads to dangerous accidents. Well can't say city is responsible on the basis of information furnished many things depend on the county or state law in which you live, if there is any provision in relate to this. Then only we can say something.
Miley Tipton is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Aug 11th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #5
Unregistered

If injured on an icy road go to newyorkmedicalservices.com for physical therapy.

Old Aug 29th, 2011, 01:06 AM   #6

Hi
No friend the city or county will not be responsible for this. I think it is your fault because the highway was shut off to save you from accident and you still followed the icy way.

Thanks

Old May 31st, 2014, 09:16 PM   #7
grewerlaw's Flag is: United States

Hi friend, For those who have been injured in a car accident, you may have a case. Get support from car accident lawyer in your city especially if you experienced serious injuries. They will help you recover the insurance money you are owed following a car accident. Call your car accident lawyers today.
grewerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2014, 09:34 PM   #8
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Get tired running after ambulances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grewerlaw View Post
Hi friend, For those who have been injured in a car accident, you may have a case. Get support from car accident lawyer in your city especially if you experienced serious injuries. They will help you recover the insurance money you are owed following a car accident. Call your car accident lawyers today.

Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 2348 times