Fair compensation: We were hit from behind while sitting at a red light

This is a discussion on Fair compensation: We were hit from behind while sitting at a red light within the Car Accident Claims forum, part of the Injury & Worker's Compensation category; Virginia My daughter, son, myself and two friends were hit from behind while sitting at a red light. The insurance ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 15th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #1
Unregistered

Confused Fair compensation: We were hit from behind while sitting at a red light

Virginia

My daughter, son, myself and two friends were hit from behind while sitting at a red light. The insurance company wants to settle out of court. I think what he is offering my family is an insult. We spent eight hours in an emergency room and I was checked for internal injuries and my daughter had sprained, strained and bruised muscles in her back and next. My son and I hit our heads on the back window. How can you determine what is a fair settlement or should you go to court over it?
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Jul 16th, 2010, 07:00 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Fair compensation: We were hit from behind while sitting at a red light

I wish to inform you that in court the party can claim compensation and in this regard the court will look at the conduct of the parties and will then decide the compensation. Amount of compensation will include compensation for injuries suffered, expenses for medical treatment, pain and suffering and such other relief as the court may think fit from the circumstances. The outcome in a lawsuit is always uncertain and either party can win the case. In case of out of court settlement the settlement amount depends upon the bargaining power of the parties and compensation amount is therefore the result of mutual negotiations. Out of court settlement is type of contract to not to litigate the matter further and in this one party may provide compensation to other party.

AFF
AFFA is online now   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jul 17th, 2010, 06:35 AM   #3

Default Re: Fair compensation: We were hit from behind while sitting at a red light

I agree what the top level member is saying but as you wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

I think what he is offering my family is an insult.
I suggest you to consult with some auto accident or personal injury lawyer.
If the driver was at fault, you are entitled to compensation for personal injuries, pain, emotional distress, mental suffering, property damage, lost wages and other expenses.

Final decision is yours.
Good Luck....

accidentlawyercoloradosprings.com
Anna Stephan is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2720 times