Property Law - St Lucia

This is a discussion on Property Law - St Lucia within the Buying & Selling Property forum, part of the REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW category; I have purchased a property in St Lucia in 2006 with a completion due early 2007. There have been major ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #1

Default Property Law - St Lucia

I have purchased a property in St Lucia in 2006 with a completion due early 2007. There have been major delays, poor communication and a property law change on the island in this time. I have paid 10% and now want to pull out. The developer is withholding return of deposit funds citing original contract.

Does anyone know st lucian property law?

Can you inform me if changes in property law in 2007 meaning i cannot register the property at the 20% foundation stage impact my initial agreement. Does it mean that my original contract is void? Also does the fact that completion date was agreed at 2007 and it is now 2009 make any impact on the agreement?

Last edited by wld_team; Jan 29th, 2009 at 04:02 PM.
mully170674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Property Law - St Lucia

I'm curious whether or not you eventually manage to sort this issue out. Could you let me know what happened?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 2234 times