Problem with Ocwen -- Can I sue or do I need a lawyer?

This is a discussion on Problem with Ocwen -- Can I sue or do I need a lawyer? within the Other Business & Finance Law Issues forum, part of the BUSINESS & FINANCE LAW category; I have an agreement with the bank and my mortgagee is a fixed rate. They tried to impose escrow while ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 03:45 PM   #1
eveleve's Flag is: United States

Question Problem with Ocwen -- Can I sue or do I need a lawyer?

I have an agreement with the bank and my mortgagee is a fixed rate. They tried to impose escrow while the agreement clearly states that if there is an escrow it is already included, otherwise I am responsible for my bills. I am paying on-time but I am only paying what we agreed. Whenever I call and point out the terms of the agreement we mysteriously get disconnected. They also send me letters saying my payments are behind and this is after they have already cashed my checks/received payment. Can I sue or do I need a lawyer?
eveleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 11:40 PM   #2
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Problem with Ocwen -- Can I sue or do I need a lawyer?

An individual taking on the third largest mortgage loan servicing company in court is like Lichtenstein declaring war on the U.S. (little Lichtenstein has no army). If one googles this company they will find a multitude of complaints for their unethical conduct and suits a plenty against them. Deregulating banks and the mortgage industry has brought us to this point where grasping, greedy banks and servicing companies can defraud and exploit the consumer with impunity.

You might find this article interesting:

Fraud Charges against Ocwen Federal Bank

Date: March 15th, 2006

For immediate release
Montgomery, Alabama (March 15, 2006) - Multiple trials are set in several Alabama counties this year, beginning in April, against Ocwen Loan Servicing LLC, formerly Ocwen Federal Bank FSB. Ocwen, headquartered in West Palm Beach, Florida, is the largest third-party mortgage service provider in the United States.

According to complaints filed in Macon, Russell and Jefferson counties, Ocwen charged customers $95 default notice fees for each notice sent. The United States Department of Treasury’s Office of Thrift Supervision took exception to this practice. In April of 2004 Ocwen entered into an agreement with the Office of Thrift Supervision to cease charging these default notice fees to borrowers. Despite this agreement Ocwen has not gone through customers’ files and removed previous default notice charges from their accounts.

One of the first of these lawsuits will proceed to trial in Russell County. In that case the plaintiff, Debbie Long, alleges she was charged $95 default fees on several occasions and foreclosure fees of over $900 despite no foreclosure being initiated. Ms. Long also alleges Ocwen charged her late fees for payments sent on time and that these payments were reported to credit bureaus as being late.

Throughout, Ocwen failed to disclose what fees, finance charges and penalties would be charged in connection with Ms. Long’s mortgage, and other facts necessary for her to keep her mortgage current and prevent negative reporting to credit bureaus and possible foreclosure.

Attorneys representing Ms. Long are Rhon E. Jones and Scarlette M. Tuley with the law firm of Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis & Miles, P.C. in Montgomery, Alabama. The firm has 37 filed cases pending against Ocwen.
“The banking and mortgage industries should have the publics trust, but questionable activities by a few greedy and unethical operators give them a bad name,” Jones said. “How many people need to be victimized before each industry’s standards improve?”

About Beasley Allen
Headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama, Beasley Allen is comprised of over 45 attorneys and 200 support staff. Beasley Allen is a national leader in civil litigation, having settled verdicts and settlements amounting to nearly $15 billion.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #3
bosscty@aol.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveleve View Post
I have an agreement with the bank and my mortgagee is a fixed rate. They tried to impose escrow while the agreement clearly states that if there is an escrow it is already included, otherwise I am responsible for my bills. I am paying on-time but I am only paying what we agreed. Whenever I call and point out the terms of the agreement we mysteriously get disconnected. They also send me letters saying my payments are behind and this is after they have already cashed my checks/received payment. Can I sue or do I need a lawyer?
they also pay my taxes even when i pay them then i send them back the funds and they continue to do this even after i have requsted several times . they also send correspondance with no contact information not even a phone # ? how are they getting away with this ? where is our legal representatives - maybe some of them have an interest in ocwen financial enterprize ?

Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 12:50 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveleve View Post
Ocwen Loan Modification, Ocwen Loan Modification Help, Ocwen Loan Modification Service, Reviews
A loan modification can be a great way to get your payments and interest rate down on your mortgage, and make your monthly payments on your mortgage more affordable. We will not charge you a single penny until you are approved, and you pay a nominal fee after you get approved for a loan modification from Ocwen. loanmodexperts dot com try us for 100% results.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
financial corporation, financial services, legal process, ocwen, ocwen loan, ocwen servicing

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 5078 times