Sale of minority stock in California; I own 40% of an s-corp.

This is a discussion on Sale of minority stock in California; I own 40% of an s-corp. within the Business Contracts & Partnerships forum, part of the BUSINESS & FINANCE LAW category; I own 40% of an s-corp. I am negotiating the sale of my stock to the majority share holder. I ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #1
mariet's Flag is: United States

Confused Sale of minority stock in California; I own 40% of an s-corp.

I own 40% of an s-corp. I am negotiating the sale of my stock to the majority share holder. I have been offered $300,000 now and $300,000 in 6 months if I sign a stock plege for the installment period. His lawyer is stating that it needs abide by Corporation Code 500, et seq. How can this affect me? Does it give him a way of not paying the second payment for my stock? It appears he is offering 600,000, and that is what I am willing to take...just worried that I am being out-smarted somehow.
mariet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Sale of minority stock in California; I own 40% of an s-corp.

I wish to inform you that California Corporation Code 500 provides that neither corporation nor any of its subsidiaries shall make any distribution to the corporation's shareholders other then the exception provided in this section. It is not related to the sale of shares or its consideration.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #3
mariet's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Sale of minority stock in California; I own 40% of an s-corp.

is this true of all the section 500s?
mariet is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 676 times