WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > BUSINESS & FINANCE LAW > Business Contracts & Partnerships > Ticket for driving on a suspended licence; I went to court seeking an extension

Ticket for driving on a suspended licence; I went to court seeking an extension

This is a discussion on Ticket for driving on a suspended licence; I went to court seeking an extension within the Business Contracts & Partnerships forum, part of the BUSINESS & FINANCE LAW category; In oct 2011 i got a tickett for driving on a susp lic,no insurance, and no registration, at my sept. ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 08:01 AM   #1
smithlawf's Flag is: United States

Default Ticket for driving on a suspended licence; I went to court seeking an extension

In oct 2011 i got a tickett for driving on a susp lic,no insurance, and no registration, at my sept. court date the D.A. presented me with a one day class, and submit my dna and all would be dropped, but the class cost 255.00, and it took me along time to save that up. i work for the state caring for my elderly mother, as well as help with my sons twin infants born in october of this year, and child support from my 1983 marriage, takes 50% of my check off the top, sometimes 255.00 can be alot of money, so i called the traffic school as soon as i got the money about 10 days ago, and the lady said they dont have any classes until jan 14 2012, and as my court date to show completion was dec 7 2011, i went to court seeking an extension, that was yesterday, now please understand i am 49 years old and unless someone is looking right at me, i have real trouble making out what is said. hello, i let me finish my story, so humiliating as it sometimes is, i am forced to repeatedly say what. i could not understand the lady, and i was trying to ask her about an extension, frustrated and traumatized i left court, now im gonna have a failure to appear to compound everything, please, can you help me ?
smithlawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 09:30 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Ticket for driving on a suspended licence; I went to court seeking an extension

I wish to inform you that you may present your grievances to the court. In this regard, you may move an application in the court for a new court date. You may request to the court that necessary relief must be granted to you so that you may comply with the court order pertaining to the driving school. You may show your financial hardship to the court as a result of which it took a long time to collect the $255 needed for the driving school class. You may show to the court that the next driving class is only on January 14, 2012. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter. You may meet the Clerk of the Court and the DA to present your viewpoint. You may also seek guidance from Legal Aid.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #3
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Ticket for driving on a suspended licence; I went to court seeking an extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithlawf View Post
In oct 2011 i got a tickett for driving on a susp lic,no insurance, and no registration, at my sept. court date the D.A. presented me with a one day class, and submit my dna and all would be dropped, but the class cost 255.00, and it took me along time to save that up. i work for the state caring for my elderly mother, as well as help with my sons twin infants born in october of this year, and child support from my 1983 marriage, takes 50% of my check off the top, sometimes 255.00 can be alot of money, so i called the traffic school as soon as i got the money about 10 days ago, and the lady said they dont have any classes until jan 14 2012, and as my court date to show completion was dec 7 2011, i went to court seeking an extension, that was yesterday, now please understand i am 49 years old and unless someone is looking right at me, i have real trouble making out what is said. hello, i let me finish my story, so humiliating as it sometimes is, i am forced to repeatedly say what. i could not understand the lady, and i was trying to ask her about an extension, frustrated and traumatized i left court, now im gonna have a failure to appear to compound everything, please, can you help me ?
Don't expect the court to be sympathetic.

You could have scheduled your traffic school far earlier, made sacrifices in your spending to come up with the money sooner. And as for Aff's suggestion and yours that the next traffic school class isn't until January, that's a bunch of bull and nothing but an excuse. There isn't only one traffic school out there. Find another one and you will probably get in much sooner. There are even online options available that don't even require you to appear in a classroom.

And how is it the court's fault that you will have a failure to appear? That's all on you. Need to get your priorities straight to avoid this one. If you have to appear, you appear. If you don't, then it's no one's fault but your own.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 19th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #4
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Yesterday was well past December 7. Yesterday was the 18th. You were 11 days late and the court is not likely to be sympathetic. With the compilation of charges; no license, no registration, no insurance do not expect to be driving for awhile and the fines should be substantial. You can throw yourself on the mercy of the court and if you can catch a judge in the right mood just before Christmas, maybe, maybe he or she will give you an extension.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 19th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #5
Top Level Member
goddessoflubboc's Flag is: United States

What is this I'm 49 stuff about? If you have a hearing deficiency have it checked. Being 49 has nothing to do with it. Why didn't you tell her you couldn't hear?

You need to start taking some responsibility for yourself.
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
law firms san francisco, san francisco law offices

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 612 times