Help. Small injury at small business and dont know what to do.

This is a discussion on Help. Small injury at small business and dont know what to do. within the Business Contracts & Partnerships forum, part of the BUSINESS & FINANCE LAW category; Hello, I am self-employed. I own a small business. One of my worker wax a client eyebrow and accidentally drop ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 07:03 PM   #1
magicgirlcandy's Flag is: United States

Default Help. Small injury at small business and dont know what to do.

Hello, I am self-employed. I own a small business. One of my worker wax a client eyebrow and accidentally drop a wax on the lid of the client. The client took picture of the little swell up lid that day. Now, she called and say she want compensation. I asked did she visit a doctor cause we have insurance and we can cover the charges. She say no. She just want compensation. I want to ask that when we compensate her should I told her to sign something so make sure it is one compensate. Or what should I do in t his situation? please help.

Thank you very much.
magicgirlcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Help. Small injury at small business and dont know what to do.

I wish to inform you that as there is a injury at your business thus you have to compensate your client. In this regard you may ask your client to provide you his basis of compensation. The compensation is based upon calculation of loss. You may thus ask your client to provide you necessary evidence and calculation of loss which may then be taken from insurance company.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #3
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicgirlcandy View Post
Hello, I am self-employed. I own a small business. One of my worker wax a client eyebrow and accidentally drop a wax on the lid of the client. The client took picture of the little swell up lid that day. Now, she called and say she want compensation. I asked did she visit a doctor cause we have insurance and we can cover the charges. She say no. She just want compensation. I want to ask that when we compensate her should I told her to sign something so make sure it is one compensate. Or what should I do in t his situation? please help.

Thank you very much.
In order to compensate one for a loss, there must be first, the loss, damages. If you want to keep this lady as a client and any business she could send your way (or turn away with big mouth complaining to her friends), I would see what I could do to conciliate her.

You could offer her salon services, x services over such a period of time. Without a doctor's report she will not be able to show any expenses or damages, just a temporary discomfort from the wax on the eyelid. It is minimal, as you describe it, and a court would not be likely to award her much, if anything, IF she is willing to pay the filing fees and costs to sue. But for client relations, offering her something of value, like salon services and be disgustingly unctious, apologetic and accommodating just might work.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Oct 31st, 2011, 01:27 AM   #4
Top Level Member

It is better to amicably settle the case without affect the client relation. Besides compensating her it is better to make an assurance that she will not ask for compensation in a later time, so in legal point of view it is good to make a note regarding the compensation you have done.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Nov 1st, 2011, 07:40 PM   #5
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

If she keeps coming back to take advantage of services you so graciously offer, she will have no case, anyway. For one would not go back to a careless salon operator, who injured them, would they?
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Nov 4th, 2011, 02:16 AM   #6
MillieGilbert's Flag is: UK

you have to compensate your client...........
MillieGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 635 times