WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > BUSINESS & FINANCE LAW > Business Contracts & Partnerships > Boss not paying me based on confusion over contract (which wasn't clarified earlier)

Boss not paying me based on confusion over contract (which wasn't clarified earlier)

This is a discussion on Boss not paying me based on confusion over contract (which wasn't clarified earlier) within the Business Contracts & Partnerships forum, part of the BUSINESS & FINANCE LAW category; In an online contract with a company in England, I was asked to write a number of weekly blog posts ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 08:08 AM   #1
markaz's Flag is: Wales

Default Boss not paying me based on confusion over contract (which wasn't clarified earlier)

In an online contract with a company in England, I was asked to write a number of weekly blog posts (number of articles or weeks wasn't specified, even when I asked) . After 3 weeks, my employer told me the articles 'must be signed off each time' before sending my invoice to Person X). I asked what 'signing off' meant (I told him I thought it implied I need to sign my name beneath them) but he didn't respond. I wrote/published articles for 5 months & now he says I only got hired for one month and that I didn't get subsequent articles 'authorized' (which he now tells me that is what he meant by 'signed off'), hence, I will only get paid for 1 month. What is my rightful income?

I've been chasing him for months now and he's not replying to my e-mails (we're not in the same country). I'd be extremely grateful if someone could guide me here. I really need the money. Thanks
markaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Boss not paying me based on confusion over contract (which wasn't clarified earli

I wish to inform you that you may claim compensation for your work. In this regard other party has accepted your submissions willfully and knowing that you are to be paid. Thus as other party has accepted your submissions you may claim compensation under principle of quasi contract. The term quasi contract implies is a fictional contract created by courts for equitable, not contractual purposes. Hence you may claim compensation for your services.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
business law, contract law, payment for work

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 405 times