Dealer mistake on car lease agreement

This is a discussion on Dealer mistake on car lease agreement within the Business Contracts & Partnerships forum, part of the BUSINESS & FINANCE LAW category; I recently leased a car and have been having a lot of problems with the dealership I got it from. ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 10:05 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Dealer mistake on car lease agreement

I recently leased a car and have been having a lot of problems with the dealership I got it from. The first problem was that they typed in the wrong model name on the entire contract. They said I had to drive down to their dealership to sign the contract, which is not in the city I live in, so I drove 150 miles to get there and 150 to get back. I was very upset and they offered me a gas voucher. When I got home I realized the voucher was made out to another person, again another mistake. Finally, they just called me over the weekend to ask me sign yet again another contract. Apparently they wrote in the wrong tax amount for the city that I live in. I have to pay $1.50 higher than what is stated in the contract. They are willing to drive up this time for me to sign, however, I am fed up with the dealership and am uncomfortable signing a 3rd contract. What rights do I have to not sign and break the lease? I would rather lease the same car at a different dealership.
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Dealer mistake on car lease agreement

First of all let me remind you that signing a contract means both the parties to the contract have agreed on the terms to be incorporated in the contract. From the facts it could understand that you have already signed two contracts with the dealer and the error seems to be minor. These mistakes will never let you free from the agreed contractual liability. For sure you can bring to the attention of the dealer the inconvenience you have caused while having contract with them and you can also ask them to meet the expenses you have incurred during the period. Generally lease agreements will have an early termination clause. But this usually requires a minimum number of monthly payments before you may cancel, and may require you to pay a penalty. It is better advised that you may consult with a Contracting Attorney who can give a proper guidance in this regard.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 12:21 AM   #3
Unregistered

Thank you. I have decided to ask them to fax/email me the new contract so that I can be sure that this is the only thing that will be changing.

Old Jan 17th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #4
johnkerr's Flag is: Australia

I had similar issues when I signed up for a novated lease. But at the end of the day they were very professional and made every effort to overcome it.
johnkerr is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 2016 times