What is a cure amount? Is this something I owe?

This is a discussion on What is a cure amount? Is this something I owe? within the Business Bankruptcy forum, part of the Other Business & Finance Law Issues category; State: Texas I recently received letters in the mail that are about the owners of the apartment complex I live ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 04:40 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default What is a cure amount? Is this something I owe?

State: Texas

I recently received letters in the mail that are about the owners of the apartment complex I live in filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the state of Delaware. The latest letter uses the phrase "Revised Cure Amount(s) pertaining to your Sublease(s) are listed on the attachment to this notice"...

On the attached sheet, under the heading (Cure Amount), there is a sum---$150.00---listed. What is a cure amount? Is this something I owe? something I am to receive? something I must claim? The entire letter, each time, is all in legal language that I am not familiar with and I am a little concerned about what to do. Thanks for any advice or clarification you can offer.
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 11:32 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: What is a cure amount? Is this something I owe?

Call the court involved if you cant have a lawyer see it. It may be they think you owe a fee for unpaid costs.

It may be a notice to the landlord cc'd to you.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 7190 times