Jon Gosselin Attorney Mark Heller Suspended From Practicing Law

This is a discussion on Jon Gosselin Attorney Mark Heller Suspended From Practicing Law within the Attorneys & Legal Ethics forum, part of the ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION category; Jon Gosselin Attorney Suspended From Practicing Law; Guilty Of "Professional Misconduct" Jon Gosselin's divorce attorney Mark Heller, who appeared with ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 05:10 AM   #1
Forum Administrator

Default Jon Gosselin Attorney Mark Heller Suspended From Practicing Law

Jon Gosselin Attorney Suspended From Practicing Law; Guilty Of "Professional Misconduct"

Jon Gosselin's divorce attorney Mark Heller, who appeared with him on Larry King Live, has a shocking professional past, RadarOnline.com can exclusively report.

In a blockbuster legal document uncovered by RadarOnline.com, the Supreme Court of New York, Appellate Division, suspended Heller from the practice of law for a period of five years.

The violations occurred between 1989 and 1992 and involved 12 separate clients, the document asserts.

Heller was ultimately found guilty of 18 violations, and was suspended from 1994 to 1999.

Did Jon Gosselin know this when he hired Heller?
forum_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 05:16 AM   #2
Forum Administrator

Default Re: Jon Gosselin Attorney Mark Heller Suspended From Practicing Law

Jon and Kate Gosselin have engaged in a heated divorce since their split in July. Aguilera/FilmMagic; Drew/AP

As Jon Gosselin told a national TV audience he wanted to "work things out" with his estranged wife, Kate, the reality show dad was secretly emptying out their joint bank account.

RadarOnline.com reports that Jon, 32, withdrew hundreds of thousands of dollars out of the couple's joint account, leaving her with only $1,000.

"I just looked in the mirror and I said, ‘I don't want to be this person anymore,'" Jon said during his Thursday night appearance on "Larry King Live." "I made mistakes. I know I messed up. I do regret a lot of things. But I have to learn from those mistakes and move forward."

Apparently Jon didn't learn much as his recent actions were in violation of the Gosselin divorce arbitrator's guidelines. A second bank account set up for the Gosselin children was reportedly was untouched.

Read more: Jon Gosselin secretly empties out $200,000 from Kate's bank account
forum_admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #3
Unregistered

Well, at least Mark Heller seems to have some entertainment law experience as well as family law? It seems to be new territory for lawyers these days - the vastly unexplored law of reality and documentary TV involving regular "guy next door" types.... It seems more and more lay people are needing help in the field of entertainment law and the waters seem murky at best. Jon G obviously needs help and fast in both arenas - perhaps Mr. Heller seemed his best pick. I have tried to find just an entertainment lawyer, let alone a combo including family law, and met with no success. So, I wish him luck. Having been duped by a producer and production company, I can relate to Jon looking for help and trusting anyone who seemed to be confident to negotiate the rough waters of entertainment law as relates to TV shows. Good luck Jon!

Old May 25th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #4
Unregistered

Mark heller represented me and is a scumbag, sleazeball, low-life piece of ****. He gives Jews and lawyers a bad name!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 10:39 AM   #5
Unregistered

i agree
he represented me
i cannot say what i really want to...

Old Jul 29th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #6
Unregistered

he also represented me
did not show up at court