simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct

This is a discussion on simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct within the Arrests, Searches, Seizures forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; i was charged with those 3 above because i head butted my 14 year old niece by accident was locked ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #1
dastmunk's Flag is: United States

Default simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct

i was charged with those 3 above because i head butted my 14 year old niece by accident was locked out of the house and tried to get her away from the lock so i can get back in but she didnt move my sister threw me out of the house then called the cops i was arrested an on the police report it said i fled the scene i have nothing on my record besides these 3 current charges im 21 years of age and im wonder what my sentance would be.
dastmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct

I wish to inform you that simple assault is the most basic assault. In most states, it is a misdemeanor. As you are a male over 18 years of age and your niece and sister are women, therefore, it would aggravate the offense. Further, depending upon the state harassment and disorderly conduct are also a misdemeanor. The punishment for a misdemeanor can be jail time, fines or probation. You may inform the court that this is your first offense. Further, you had no intention to cause any harm but only to enter the home. You never ran away from the site of the incident but had to leave as you were thrown out of the house. Your niece was head butted by accident as you tried to move her away from the lock and enter the house. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter. The burden will be on the other party to prove the charges made.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 04:06 AM   #3
Top Level Member

Default re: simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct

The punishment for your charges were fine, jail time or probation. It depends on how you defend your case. It is better to get assistance of a criminal lawyer to conduct the case.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 16th, 2011, 07:01 AM   #4
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct

You need a criminal defense lawyer to represent you and if convicted, the sentence will be in accordance with the laws of your state and how well your lawyer defends you. Any time one is charged with a criminal offense they need legal representation. You did not mention which state you are charged in, so no one can give you the range of sentences.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 30th, 2011, 06:01 AM   #5
AlexisLee's Flag is: Bahrain

From experience, it is going to be hard for a jury to convict either of you if you both were arrested. It will turn into a he said, she said thing and impossible to get to the truth. A jury shouldnt convict the party which as using self defense, but how can anyone know without being there? Good luck

Old Feb 12th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #6
Unregistered

the state us pa and no my sister didnt get arrested im currently in a rehab waiting for my court case as it keeps getting continued.

Old Feb 12th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Maryellen's Flag is: United States

Being in a rehab is going to be good for your case so make sure you follow through and complete the program and attend meetings afterward. I think you will probably get a suspended sentence which means as long as you continue to stay sober and out of trouble you can avoid jail.
Maryellen is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 2503 times