DUI Charge in Ontario -- This was my first offense

This is a discussion on DUI Charge in Ontario -- This was my first offense within the Arrests, Searches, Seizures forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; Few days ago i was pulled over for DUI and took a breathilizer and was pulled over. I blew .13 ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.33 average. Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2007, 01:06 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default DUI Charge in Ontario -- This was my first offense

Few days ago i was pulled over for DUI and took a breathilizer and was pulled over. I blew .13 and then .12. I had my license suspended for 90 days and am set to go to court in a month. I was wondering if anyone else has been through this and what kinda suspension they have gotten. I was told it was 12 months suspended license, then 12 months with the ignition switch breatilizer thing in there car plus a large fine. This was my first offense and i was pulled over for speeding but i didn't get a speeding ticket for some reason. Any help would be greatly apprieciated.
Old Dec 14th, 2007, 03:58 AM   #2

Default re: DUI Charge in Ontario -- This was my first offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Few days ago i was pulled over for DUI and took a breathilizer and was pulled over. I blew .13 and then .12. I had my license suspended for 90 days and am set to go to court in a month. I was wondering if anyone else has been through this and what kinda suspension they have gotten. I was told it was 12 months suspended license, then 12 months with the ignition switch breatilizer thing in there car plus a large fine. This was my first offense and i was pulled over for speeding but i didn't get a speeding ticket for some reason. Any help would be greatly apprieciated.
Many states offer a probational driver's license for persons involved in alcohol related offenses. This may require the use of an ignition interlock device, I would suggest contacting the DMV in your county for further details and be advised that in many states a probational driver's license term only lasts one year and they do have restrictions; they are also quite expensive.
L00ph0le is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:26 AM   #3
ont dui

Quote:
same thing happened to me. i got stuck in the snow and the police showed up and asked me to blow. i was happy to oblige as i had only a couple of beers over the whole afternoon. i blew over and now my life is upside-down. 3 month suspension, the prospect of a 1 year suspension and a criminal record. this is minimum sentence for this charge in ontario. the only hope is to have them reduce the charge to careless or something lesser but similar. good luck on that. i live in a small town with no transit and work in the city an hour away. if i am charged, i stand to lose everything, my job, my house and a ton more im not even mentioning. although i feel remorse for breaking the law, i have no choice to spend what little money i have to fight this charge. i am quite literally fighting for my life as i know it. the irony is that i don't even drink! i was coaxed by my friends to have a beer for my birthday and it did not even occur to me that i was over the legal limit.

Old Jun 1st, 2009, 09:27 AM   #4
Unregistered

Yeah, same here. I blew a 0.1 and a 0.94 and now my entire world has turned upside down. This is brutal and I feel horrible for my family moreso than myself. I can still find rides to work and so forth but taking kids to their sports activities and such is something that makes me very upset. I will never drink at all and drive again no matter what!

Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 01:18 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
I had the same thing happen to me, the lawyer told me that I would lose my license for 12 months and might have to attend some kind of alcohol class and will have to pay a fine. I attended court, I got 12 months suspended license and a $1300.00 fine. I have never had a speeding ticket before let alone any other charges and this was considered a "good" charge. I was never told if I would get a breathalyzer thing installed in my car or attend any kind of alcohol class, I believe after the 12 months and fine payment it will be finished. It is quite embarrassing for me, as it was in the newspaper and my coworkers read it.. and I don't even drink much.. and certainly since this has happened I have never touched a drop of alcohol...................Good Luck!!

Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 05:56 AM   #6

Hello!!

Driving under the influence is a serious health hazard , you should be aware of this fact.well no issues if it done then you have consulted with the attorney for your problem and then you can have reduced your punishment.

Thanks

Old Mar 24th, 2010, 11:05 PM   #7
Unregistered

Smile re: DUI Charge in Ontario -- This was my first offense

Quote:
Some are suppose to learn how bad it is. No sympathy here.It is a lesson to learn if one wants to learn !

Old Mar 29th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #8

For some time now there has been a burgeoning initiative towards the exclusion of the use of alcohol within the social fabric of our lives. The vehicle for this has been the issue of DUI fueled by certain Special Interest Groups who have used the issue of DUI as a vehicle which best fits the model of Political Correctness, a very effective strategy. There is no question that those who put the lives of others in jeopardy time after time with their disregard for the potential tragedy which may occur should be given a serious wake-up call. They are playing with fire. Unfortunately the movement has progressed far beyond the comfort level of many Canadians in terms of “warn laws” and first time offenders to name only two issues. I have never been convicted of a DUI nor is one pending. But someone must present the other side if only to provide the opportunity for sober second thought. I have spent many hours in research and development of the website www.duicanrevisited.ca . I do hope you will read all and respond in good conscience. Thank you.
OneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Mar 30th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #9
Unregistered

Angry re: DUI Charge in Ontario -- This was my first offense

Quote:
Some are suppose to learn how bad it is. No sympathy here.It is a lesson to learn if one wants to learn !
For some reasom I agree.Some people feel like victims of society while they are the one that will mess up our life and family.

Old Mar 30th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #10
Unregistered

Thumbs Down re: DUI Charge in Ontario -- This was my first offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitendrasnv View Post
Hello!!

Driving under the influence is a serious health hazard , you should be aware of this fact.well no issues if it done then you have consulted with the attorney for your problem and then you can have reduced your punishment.

Thanks
Yep,reducing a punishment just make the same result at the end of the road. What kind of people cant get it !

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 31 replies and has been viewed 25612 times