Do I get a copy of the search warrant?

This is a discussion on Do I get a copy of the search warrant? within the Arrests, Searches, Seizures forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; When our home was raided they never gave me a copy of the search warrant. I did get a copy ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 20th, 2008, 01:46 AM   #1

Default Do I get a copy of the search warrant?

When our home was raided they never gave me a copy of the search warrant. I did get a copy of the search inventory return log 4 days after the raid. Aren't they supposed to give you a copy of the search warrant?
wggm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 01:55 PM   #2
Top Level Member
able1's Flag is: United States

Default re: Do I get a copy of the search warrant?

Yes--call the police dept to get a copy.
able1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 01:52 PM   #3
cebudragonlady

Angry re: Do I get a copy of the search warrant?

Ha- the Police said it ( the search warrant ) had been returned to the City Court in our case. The Clerk at the Court refused to release it without a judges order.

We are questioning the amount of damage the Police did during the raid last December. Do search warrant authorize the Police to destroy at will ? Like smashing the front window from the inside ! How can we get a judge in New York State to release the portions of the warrant that authorized what the Police could do to and within my building. BTW, this warrant was never served ! And the suspect was arrested down the street, not in our building.

Old Mar 22nd, 2009, 04:51 AM   #4

The other night at like 1 am i heard BOOM BOOM, then police police. I was raided by the local Drug Task Force call UPSET (Upper Penninsula Substance Enforcement Team).. They destroyed my front door right, then i went to the top of the stairs and seen a cop in all black and a ski mask on, i put my hands up and he tackles me, knees me a few times and cuffs me. Anyway,long story short.. I had like 4 marijuana plants. And i had 3 guns i inhherited from my dead grandfather i shouldnt of had cuz i have a felony on my record.
Anyways, i got the paperwork saying what they took and at the bottom the head officers signature is next to a sentence saying he gav me a copy of the warrant, and he didnt.

where do i go to get a copy???
im tryin to pick apart my case cuz im looking at years.
linkz906 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:59 AM   #5

you will need to get in touch with the task force to get a copy unless you wait for the discovery in your case. the discovery could take months and if you have a court appointed attorney he/she may not request for the witnesses to be used be disclosed or for the rap sheets on all of these people, you will need to prompt the attorney to do this. good luck, our local task force has an answering machine and they won't call back.

Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 03:03 AM   #6

when we got the discovery there was a dvd of the raid after they had secured the premises, it showed the search warrant but that search warrant was never shown to us, and does not match the one that we received in our paperwork, but apparently there is nothing we can do about it, or there is nothing our attorney's will do about it. We have yet to have a preliminary hearing and our home was raided June 2008, 10 months ago!

Old Mar 25th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #7

i noticed you said you inherited guns from your grandfather. Depending upon the age and the type of ammo. they required the guns they may no longer be considered weapons, just antiques. check your state's firearms law.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 5343 times