Posting Questions, Threads and Replies

This is a discussion on Posting Questions, Threads and Replies within the Announcements forum, part of the FORUM INFORMATION category; Really you have great knowledge dear....thanks for share the information...........

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 06:12 AM   #11
RaviAuto's Flag is: India

Default Re: Posting Questions, Threads and Replies

Really you have great knowledge dear....thanks for share the information........
RaviAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #12
Unregistered

Email the site maybe?
Old Apr 6th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #13
bluescope's Flag is: Australia

I discovered a thread with untrue and false information posted by an unregistered user, how to have this content modified or removed?

Please

and thanks
bluescope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 06:08 AM   #14
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescope View Post
I discovered a thread with untrue and false information posted by an unregistered user, how to have this content modified or removed?

Please

and thanks

Hi--forum web sites are not liable or responsible for posters' comments. That is well settled law as your legal counsel will confirm for you. You need to subpoena the IP address of the poster and make demands upon, or sue, the poster.

However if you are unable to do that for some reason, we simply need a signed and notarized statement faxed to us saying precisely what information about you is too personal, or incorrect and why; and adding that you state this under penalties of perjury. Then we can remove other peoples' posts. The document would be viewed as an official document under oath in any court proceeding. You may fax to 1 209 436 2281. Thanks.

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now! Click Here
Find Legal Forms for All 50 States
forum_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #15

Thankyou very much for your prompt reply.

Of the two options you offered I think the later is the most actionable, as trying to chase anonymous unregistered hostile poster would, I think be quite fruitless and costly. Your suggestion of a signed and notarized statement seems most reasonable.

Is there any future plans to have posters register ? As it seems that people can make slanderous, posts with virtual impunity, which can make life untenable in some cases at least in this case.

My regards.
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #16
Forum Administrator

We do monitor our forums closely for spam and for any other information which is against our policy of usage (see a disclaimer link at the bottom of this page).

But please keep in mind that this is a "public forum" where people can express their different points of view. If you see a truly harassing or otherwise inappropriate comment/ post, please report it to us.

Old Apr 9th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #17
Top Level Member
sunlover's Flag is: United States

I have long fought a fruitless battle to keep unregistered posters from posting. They overwhelming seem to be the most abusive posters and why not they do not have to stand behind what they say as no one knows who they are. In addition users cannot research their (unregistered) posting history which could show a user mich about the poster that could be useful. Last if the user was registered one could contact the user for further private discussion if topic is sensitive. I see no gaining allowing unregistered to post and they are often abusive and a user who is seeking important advice cannot research or contact these posters for verification.
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #18

I agree with sunlover it is most frustrating that unregistered can post what they like, however the moderator being a reasonable person and will accept verifiable legal documents refuting the post, i find that ok. However why the burden of proof rests on the victim and not the poster is a bit off putting.

Our company is heavily regulated we at the very least must supply KYC to all our banks on behalf of all our members. (know your customer) I heard Facebook could be moving to a KYC type regulated registration for its members.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 05:02 AM   #19
Sammy Lee's Flag is: UK

I am not able to find the new thread button. Please let me know how to find because I want to share my queries and views.
Sammy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 06:32 AM   #20
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Lee View Post
I am not able to find the new thread button. Please let me know how to find because I want to share my queries and views.
The new thread button is located above and below the list of threads in a forum. There is also a link "Post New Question" displayed right next to the top new thread button which works the same way as the button.

Posting Messages

To post a new message and start a new thread click on the button:

You can find this button to the left above and below the list of threads in a forum.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 19 replies and has been viewed 8714 times