Can an open adoption be reversed...?

This is a discussion on Can an open adoption be reversed...? within the Adoption Issues forum, part of the Other Family Law Matters category; I adopted a coworkers baby back in October, and me and my husband has made many attempts to have them ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #1
auntof1's Flag is: United States

Default Can an open adoption be reversed...?

I adopted a coworkers baby back in October, and me and my husband has made many attempts to have them come to my house or meet them in town for dinner or something because I cannot go to their house because I am allergic to smoke and they smoke inside their home, however they have not made any attempt to accept our offers and meet us. Now that the 6 month court date has been set they informed me they are going to get a lawyer because we dont let them see her...Do I have anything to be concerned about?
auntof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Can an open adoption be reversed...?

I wish to inform you that a legal adoption cannot be reversed. When adoption is done by parents through their free consent then this cannot be changed. In open adoption parental rights of biological parents are terminated with adoption and thus they cannot now force visitation rights.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 973 times